17 March, 2021
HOT FUDGE PUDDING CAKE
There isn’t much better for me than hot fudge. Particularly the layer of rich chocolate cake hiding underneath. The best compliment to ice cream, this hot fudge pudding cake makes a pretty amazing sundae! It’s super-rich, gooey, and full of cocoa. This pudding cake with chocolate is hard to resist!
Making this cake is so simple. What you need is a prep time of 10 minutes! Only mash up the cake’s batter portion in one tub and mix up the hot fudge portion in another. No need for a mixer for a stand.
– 1 C-Of regular sugar.
– 1 C-Of boiling water.
– 1 C-Of cake flour.
– Half C-Of semi-sweet chocolate chips.
– Half C-Of unsweetened cocoa.
– 1/2 C-Of milk, I used almond milk.
– 4 T-Of melted butter.
– 2 t-Of baking powder.
– 2 t-Of vanilla extract.
– 1/4 t-Of kosher salt.
– A large egg yolk.
– Step 1: First, you need to preheat the oven to 350°F. Use cooking spray to spray an 8“ square baking pan.
– Step 2: Whisk together a half cup of sugar with 1⁄4 cup of cocoa powder and set aside.
– Step 3: In a big bowl, whisk the cake flour with the remaining half cup of sugar, the remaining 1⁄4 cup of unsweetened cocoa, baking powder, and salt.
– Step 4: In another medium bowl, whisk together the milk, with the butter, egg yolk, and vanilla until smooth. Stir the mixture of milk into the flour mixture until blended. Fold the chocolate chips together, the batter will be stiff.
– Step 5: Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and scatter it into the corners using a rubber spatula.
– Step 6: Sprinkle the combination of reserved cocoa and sugar uniformly over the
– Step 7: Pour the hot water softly over the cocoa. But don’t stir.
– Step 8: Bake until the top of the cake is cracked, the sauce is bubbling and a toothpick is mostly clean, about 25 minutes, inserted into the cakey area.
– Step 9: Using the rack to cool for at least 15 minutes.s Serve warm with ice cream, I always serve with vanilla ice cream.
I HOPE YOU’LL ENJOY IT!!